The Grist Mill Foundation is a charitable registered society run by volunteers from the community and exists to support and enhance the successful operation of the Grist Mill and Gardens historic site in the community’s interest. They work independantly and in collaboration with the Grist Mill Community Contribution Corporation (Grist Mill CCC–the business that operates the site), as well as many other stakeholders interested in this special historical treasure.
Their goals and objectives include:
- Fundraising for selected restoration projects
- Pursue grants and contributions
Heritage Education and Appreciation
- Fundraise for displays, interpretive signage, research and artifact conservation
- Pursue relevant artifact donations
- Recruit volunteers
- Support music and social events on site
- Engage volunteers
- Seek grants and donations to support events
There are many ways to support the Foundation: become a member ($5 annual fee), volunteer your time, donate money or in-kind goods, or participate in some of their many events. To get in touch, click the link below.