The Grist Mill and Gardens at Keremeos is a twelve acre provincial historic site that features spectacular heritage gardens (both ornamental and vegetable), fascinating heritage buildings and the only working waterwheel-powered flour mill in Western Canada. We also have a small restaurant, gift shop and campground and host a large number of special events through the season.
In the last six years, the Grist Mill has seen incredible growth with a six-fold increase in attendance, thanks in part to a commitment to quality visitor experience. Fueled by our talented and enthusiastic staff, we are united in our passion to being one of the fastest growing attractions in BC as we work to be an innovative leader in the heritage community.
We’re currently looking for someone who wants to join our team to handle customer service and coordinate between the various departments on site (gardens and grounds, interpretation, restaurant, campground, special events and more).
This position will be responsible for handling our front desk, including reception, sales, schedules, bookings and other customer service inquiries. They will also work closely with the General Manager to plan, facilitate and organize educational, private and other events on site.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service and cash handling skills
- Experience with planning, organizing and facilitating a variety of events
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including the ability to work in a team environment, and interacting effectively with visitors of all ages.
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office or other comparable software applications.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Supervisory experience.
Although we can only guarantee a seasonal position (May-Nov) at this time, the successful candidate will have a significant opportunity to develop the job in ways that allows the position to become year-round.
How to Apply:
Please direct questions and submit resumes to:
Grist Mill and Gardens
2691 Upper Bench Road
Keremeos, BC V0X1N4
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2020. If you plan to apply for more than one position, only a single resume is required. Please note in your cover letter which position(s) you are applying for.